11 Things to Love about Klapsons: The River Residences Bangkok

So 3 months ago I was in Bangkok, after having not been there since when I was still an aircrew (no I’m not trying to be haolian cos there’s nothing really to be haolian about), and that was like 6 or 7 years ago!

Why???

Until today I chide myself for not being a photo whore when I was flying and seeing the world. *kicks myself*

Never mind, luckily I ended up blogging which helps bring me around some places.

I was very blessed to be hosted by Klapsons at their spanking new Serviced Residences in Bangkok.


This place is a little gem. I'll share with you why.

1. Colourful, spirit-lifting guest reception.

The colourful reception area! You'll be greeted by colourful furniture and art pieces from acclaimed Italian Designer Willian Sawaya. See those chairs?
I had a lot of fun with those....
A video posted by Silver Ang (@silver_ang) on

See what I mean?

2. Details that make you feel like you are really going away to somewhere nice.


I thought this was so cool. Maybe it's just me, but a full touch-panel doorbell and keycard access device is just so cool to me. Helps that it looks really good too!

3. Apartments that feel like home (at a fraction of the price).









The apartment was a great size for 2. There was a living area, a nice bedroom area and a bathroom I absolutely adore. Ours was a 1-bedroom, but there are 2-bedroom and 3-bedroom units available too!

4. Comfy beds

A must if you want a good night's rest. I was walking around and exploring Bangkok a lot, and the bed was heavenly to return to and plonk myself on. 

5. An amazing view

 This was taken from our balcony, and overlooks the Chao Phraya River. 
I mean, look at this! 

6. A very posh lobby area. With plenty of mirrors.

We all need to have that final check of ourselves in the mirror before we head out and meet the world. So the mirrored lobby was a plus for me. Add to that the high ceilings and rich leather sofas, your guests will be impressed. ;)


7. Lush greenery within the compound.

I love being close to nature. Somehow having plenty of greenery has a very relaxing and calming effect on me. 



8. Plenty of pools.

One thing I must say I love about The River - the pools.



I could hang out here all day.



The pools were amazing. There were a few pools around - the garden pool, terrace pool, lap pool...so you don't have to worry about overcrowding. Each pool has its own charm so go to whichever suits your mood that day. I suppose this goes with The River theme. =)

If the pools downstairs get crowded and you want some peace and quiet, go upstairs. There is an indoor pool with a nice view, and you can still swim your laps. This is a great option if you want to avoid the sun, or if it's raining. 


9. The private boat to Asiatique

Asiatique is this huge shopping and eating area which combines a night market and a mall, and is only open from 5pm to midnight. Spanning a huge warehouse complex with 1500 shops and 40 restaurants, it'll take you a while to finish this place. So it helps that The River has her own boat to ferry residents to and fro this ginormous playground.




10. Amazing Thai Iced Tea for S$1 just outside The River!????

I just had to add this in. This was our best find. If you have a thing for Thai Iced Tea, you'll be pleased to find that upon exiting The River, a 3 minute walk to the right will lead you to a stall which sells AMAZING Thai Iced Tea. We've had our share of Thai Iced Tea that are too dilute, too sweet, too milky...but this one was perfect. It's like an eating joint without a shop space, just a tentage and a cart. (Sorry I didn't take pictures! Look out for the shaggy dog!) Their Thai Iced Tea was the best we've had. If they don't understand you, ask for "Cha Yen" - that's Thai for Thai Iced Tea. 
This thing, as big as a man's face, only cost us about S$1. Mmm hmm, you're welcome. =D

11. Close proximity to nearby night markets

A night market is just 10 minutes away. When you come out of The River, you can turn right and walk 10 minutes to the nearest night market, or hop onto a taxi to get to Khao San Night Market, or the Flashlight Market, or the Flower Market (there are more!), which are all about 10-15 minutes away!

The very happening Khao San Night Market.

Do I look happy, or what? Lol!

Anyone looking to live in Bangkok for a while? 


KLAPSONS The River Residences Bangkok is at
110/725 Soi Charoennakorn
13 Charoenakorn Road
Klongtonsai, Klong Sarn
BKK 10600
Tel: +66 (0) 2803 8100
Fax: +66 (0) 2861 0366
Email: reservations_theriverbkk@klapsons.com

Comments

Popular Posts